Friday, August 12, 2005

Entry on 11/8

It's been too long since I last wrote in this. So I'll try my best to pen down the many exciting things that has happened. It's not that nothing's happened in my life. I'm just lazy to pen it down that's all...

First off, 28/7 - 06/08, Science Orientation Week. Amazing period of time. Lots have happened and lots of new friendships have been made.
Batman OG seniors: Sky, Yuhan, Zhihui, Kar Heng, Peiyi, and me.
Members: Aini, Jiahui, Felix, BengHwa, Kailing, Kaiting, Anni, Johann, Peiying, Zhonghong, Alvin, Shaokai, Nisha, Rachel, Sarah.
Throughout these 1+ week, there was so much... insanity lol. It was so fun, so much better compared to last year's orientation week. Our OG clinched Best Sound (noisiest OG lol), Best house (Hero), and Sci fac won the Chancellors Shield and I was there to witness it all. The whole experience was indeed overwhelming.
Apart from all the hype and fun, I was reflecting on the events gone past. This was indeed something I felt for the first time - a sense of belonging. The atmosphere created just made you want to give more even though I was physically tired. I even told my parents: all we needed was to show a bit of enthusiasm, and the way the freshies reciprocated the energy was enough to keep us going even though we were physically and mentally exhausted.
Oh oh, I even told myself that I was bound to get sick after this SOW, but it would be worth it... and sure enough I did fall sick... oh well...hehe...
Dad even replied that this sort of scene was something like the tower of Babel, where all of humanity once bonded together towards a common goal. I wonder whether God was afraid of humanity's bonding that he scattered mankind.

No comments: