Monday, January 01, 2007

part 1 - What I’ve been up to last month

After the exams were over on the 1st December (5 papers in 4 days mind you), it was the weekend. Weekends are always busy for me, no matter what. I had 1 day of just staying at home doing nothing, then the rest of the week I had to attend either meetings or meet up with Alex, a good friend I haven’t seen in ages, and the cell group. In the midst of doing that, I was preparing my stuff to go back into the army for 5 days reservist training the week after. Over the weekend, one of my leaders dropped a timer on a bomb that was waiting to blow. I’ll explain the bomb in the other part of this 2 part mini-series.

On the second week of December, I lugged what felt like 30-40kg of stuff into a secluded part of Singapore. To cover my back, I won’t go into detail so much what I did back in camp. Basically, I caught up with my old mates during my previous 2.5 year stint, and met some new people who’ve been inserted into the unit. I found out my new vocation too. Luckily for me, during my 5-day in camp training, I didn’t once get too dirty by going out into the field because they had a different programme lined up for me. Overall, I thought it was fun, meeting everyone once again with the exception of this one person I felt bashing his face in for pestering me continuously. I was like “Get the *bleep* away from me!”, but of course that wouldn’t be nice, though I did shove my finger in front of his face on the very first day of the training *blush*. Not my fault, this guy was really just pushing his luck.

After the training ended, I decided to have one day of rest before heading for another camp XP. This youth camp was over the weekend (Friday to Monday) and officially started on the very last day of the army training, but I only went on the second day afternoon. Yes, I was insane and will never ever do it again. I was so tired on Saturday night that I had an early night. Nevertheless, the camp itself was fun and fruitful. I suppose I needed the time away from home and other distractions to just interact with others, which I don’t get to do very often either. Also, I thought more about the bomb that was going to explode >_>. After the camp was over, I spent the day checking through my flooded email and other stuff I regularly checked.

The next day was spent at home resting and recovering from all the activity. On Wednesday, I went to the new location where the Intex distributors were housed for their clearance sale. It was disappointing for the most part but I still picked up a miniature whale, a globe beach ball and another sea lion. I got to see the catalog for next year too… nothing too impressive though. The rest of the week was spent online catching up with chats, especially with those from UK, who are so hard to catch during the normal semester period due to time differences. The chats were very fruitful. Then next thing I knew, it was Christmas.

On Christmas day itself, I woke up late. And I decided not to go for Christmas service too. Reason being parents had invited guests to come over for visitation, so decided to stay back and help parents out with the food, furniture and other small tasks. However, during the actual visitation, I closed myself up inside the room and continued chatting >_> figures…

On Boxing Day, I went out with NCH to go see Eragon, the movie and at the same time send a leopard off to Reinhardt. The movie wasn’t too impressive but it was good to see NCH again. My results were released on Boxing Day too. After that, the initial plans were to go to Batam, Indonesia for a short holiday. Unfortunately, or fortunately, it had been very wet the past few days, and our holiday destination was flooded. So on Wednesday, I went to watch Night and the Museum with Mum. The show was a blast by the way, a highly recommended watch, followed by dinner later on in the evening. On Thursday, I went to see Charlotte’s Web with Dad (Nickelodeon movies will forever suck :P) Friday the 29th was spent at home figuring out my next semester’s modules… Which would leave the weekend again and then 2007 arrives :/

(to be continued…)

No comments: