Saturday, June 25, 2005

Entry on 24/6

Now that everyone's read their part, it's time to move on to other stuff. It's been a busy week about a fortnight ago (hence the delay in reply). The day finally came where I did the ultimate stunt when my parents weren't around and I had the whole house to myself.
12/6. Pre-preparation day. I moved out all of the furniture in my house, except for my cupboard and bed (for obvious reasons)
13/6. I inflated all my animals and someone else brought along his collection too.
14/6. Another friend came along and we took the necessary pics. Later on in the evening when the second friend left, I inflated more stuff, which was most of my beach balls and filled up 4/5 of my entire room. I couldn't really sleep in such a pile, but since I can't stay awake through a night for nuts, I still eventually KO'ed at 3 am.
15/6. Woke up at around 8 am, and started to help my friend deflate his toys. Then, prepared this pool of water to wash his toys with. At the same time, I was deflating all the beach balls. We finished washing his toys at around 2 pm, then took a taxi at 3 pm to his place so as to beat his parents back home. I returned home and started washing the smaller beach balls. Later, my friend dropped by again too help out.
16/6. Woke up early again, took more pics, and then deflated and washed all the animals and bigger beach balls, which were already deflated the night before.

This event was a definitely not one would forget easily: being squashed by inflatable toys all around you to the extent of literally pushing the toys away to get from one end of the room to the other. Alas, after the event, I was thinking it wasn't really worth it. For the simple fact that the ratio of the time taken to play with the toys to the time taken inflating/deflating/washing was too little. I doubt this would be done again anytime soon. But, the whole event was still memorable (I can't stress this enough)

Also, to mark the end of the event, I gave away 1 of my 36" Looney Tunes Beach ball (the older more colourful version) to my friend. *edit* *edit2*

1 comment:

Moth Wingthane said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun :) but I understand what you mean about the amount of time taken to prepare as opposed to actually playing.